View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 06:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jessiec

A happy update! :)

Hello, dear friends. I haven't checked in for quite some time and wanted to update you on my situation. When last I was here, I had ended things with ABF (who had crossed the line one too many times -- was an absolute drunken ass the night before my birthday, which also was the day I was moving into my new place. I refused to talked to him. Had my friends help me move, etc). I was completely done. Our relationship was a lost cause.

So I thought. Fast forward through lots of heartache, hurt, tearful and truthful conversations ...

Today, he celebrates his 30 days sobriety. That probably does not sound like a long time, still it is about 29 more than he ever has done before. He attends AA meetings every day. He has a sponsor he really likes. He is going to an extra mass mid-week. He listens to AA lectures on the road. He has told friends/family he is doing this. He is seeing the payoff in every aspect of his life (better sleep, more peace, less anxiety, more patience) and says he only wants to go forward.

As for me, I'm still seeing my therapist and I'm focusing more on my faith (I have attended a few Al-Anon meetings, although so far it isn't a fit for me). I am finally moved in and settled (both in my place and in my life) and feeling truly blessed and happy.

I can't say what the future holds, only that for the first time in a long time, I'm truly excited about the possibilities.

I can't say what will happen with him and me weeks and months from now. I only know what will happen a few hours from now -- he will call me, completely sober, to say goodnight.

Much love and hope to all of you,
Jessie