Thread: confused
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 07:37 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
lesliej

oh, so sending light and hope through the wires at you! I pray you find deep golden threads of faith that life WILL just keep on getting better...and you know how far you have come!

cleaning houses can be a solid way to support yourself while you pursue your goals
my sister (fellow recovering alcoholic) opted to "go underground" and clean houses in early recovery and then while she pursued her CD counseling degree.

I opted to "go underground" and cater at peoples houses while in early recovery and pursuing my degree too (and I still cater occasionally)

going underground was a nice way to achieve some quietude and serenity. we had both been bartending before that. the money you make cleaning is far, far better than you can make at the, I'm guessing somewhat demeaning, mcD's. once you get a private client your name gets passed on by word of mouth. then you end up having three clients and you're set. up here people ask around $20/hour (!!) and each job usually comes with very flexible scheduling and usually the house you're cleaning makes for quite nice surroundings. cleaning can be quite meditative too...

wishing you the best!