Old 08-03-2012, 11:25 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by Peta View Post
Hi everyone.

Wow just wanted to say what a clever bunch you all are.

The Beast and its AV is also single-mindedly clever. It's gotten you to go into detail about your interest in and application of the Beast side of AVRT without mention or even a hint of the Big Plan. Dalek and others have emphasized here, that AVRT is pretty much just an academic exercise without the Big Plan, and reading your post reaffirms that in my mind. It's hard not to notice the Big Plan emphasis in his posts, but of course the Beast is terrified of the Big Plan, and will do everything to get you to avoid it.

Nevertheless, the Big Plan is something you are perfectly capable of making at any time you choose. It takes about five to ten seconds to complete it.

You could make it right now.

What are your plans for the future use of alcohol?

Or now, five seconds later.
Or now, two seconds later.
Count to ten.
Or now, ten seconds later.
So, that's how it works. You will have to make your Big Plan NOW, whenever that may be.

As I see it, being an adult means we have already decided "I will never ______" about hundreds of things, and understand perfectly well what that kind of commitment means. We can't lie to ourselves about whether we really made the Big Plan or not.

And, yes, you can only make it ONCE for each substance.