View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 02:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
GardenMama

That is a GREAT story! And a perfect analogy for us all to meditate on...

Just last night I was walking with my younger daughter to a house where she's petsitting and we noticed a rather large bird struggling and flapping its wings across the street. It was a baby hawk and it could not fly and seemed to have other issues. We sat with it for awhile, made some calls, and looked up the Raptor Rescue website...We did everything they said to do, got it safely in a cat carrier, and put it in a quiet dark place until we could bring it to the center this morning. Sadly, the little guy expired in the night. I am about to go bury him in my garden.

The irony for me was that my AD was home visiting, and brought along a man who she met in rehab, who makes me anxious for lots of reasons. My going along with my youngest was to avoid being there...then I walk down the street and rescue an ailing wild bird! And on top of all this, my sweet husband was just arriving home from his very first AA meeting! He was a little maxed out by the home scene, poor guy.

Just had to share my own little animal rescue story from last night, Interrupted! I hope it makes you all smile!