Thread: fading echoes
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
The after effects still lingering.
I can relate. A week ago, I had to drop my watch off at the jewelers where I bought it. It was also the place where I bought a ring for my AGF for her birthday. The assistant manager sold me both items, so we're friendly and she asked if my AXGF was still in the picture. She was relieved she wasn't; apparently my AXGF gave her some bad vibes.

Two weeks after my AXGF pulled what she pulled, she stopped by my house while I was at work to return the ring and her housekey, putting both on a single string and hanging it from the knocker on my door. It was her final cruel act. Once one of my buddies came over, we went outside where I dropped the ring into a sewer.

Hearing a relative stranger speak ill of my AXGF was interesting, and it brought back a lot of echoes, none of them pleasant. But, as you alluded to, they fade over time. They still have the power to sting, but it is what it is and we just go forward as best we can.

Now he contacts me to say "don't contact me".
What addicts will do or say in order to hurt those around them will never cease to amaze me. Take care of you.

ZoSo