View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 01:04 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by sparklingeyes View Post
My AF told me yesterday that my breasts are small. Apparently, he likes to pick on them. I told him that I like them just the way they are...not big and not too small. I've never had anyone else say anything derrogatory remarks about them. Then, I caught him making a negative gesture because I didn't do something he demanded. I confronted him and he denied it. I kept wondering why a person would try and tear another down. I think I know the reason. I could be wrong, but I think he is scared to feel emotionally dependent upon a female. It would make sense. Anybody else come to this conclusion?
I think your conclusion is generous & sympathetic toward him & my gut is less sympathetic toward him.

I think he's a bully & a coward. He insults your body & then makes & denies (boy does that sound familiar!) derogatory gestures toward you for asking him to do sonething. The first act is meant to cut you down & falls into verbal abuse. And the second act is designed to make you think twice in the future about asking him to do anything for you. Complete BS. And then in true passive aggressive cowardly bully behavior he denies doing it & tries to make you question reality. That's mental abuse.

Dont give him the sympathy of thinking this is about fear of being dependent. He seems to feel entitled to bulky, berate & abuse/gaslight you. He's your fiancée right? Id seriously consider whether this is who you want to marry. If he's like this pre marriage when things are usually better between couples, you can be sure he'll be much worse as time goes by.