View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 10:06 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Originally Posted by SadHeart View Post
And yet had his diatribe been about blacks or immigrants or another group it would not have been tolerated. It was not about codependents: it was specifically against codependent WOMEN. Would we tolerate an amusing slam against codependent blacks here?

If he wanted to make a point about codependency, why not stay with what he really knows best: codependent men? Or just make it gender neutral?

The best way for him to teach his daughter about codependency is for him to rid himself of it. She's being taught codependency by his own performance.

It was just a misogynist post imho.

What he thinks of women IS his business and not mine; what he WRITES in public about women, he makes open for public opinion, and my opinion is this was a post that should be removed because it's sexist and offensive.
I'm sorry you are offended and upset, SadHeart. I understand how you feel. I honestly don't think Cyranoak meant any offense. I don't know how much research has been done on whether or not African American people or immigrants are more inclined to be codependent than other folks in the general population. I think it has, though, been determined that women tend to caretake more often than men. And that men tend to be alcoholic and drug addicted more than women. I don't know why this is so but someone pointed out it is part of our culture. I also believe it is part of the disease.

Please don't let this one post discourage you.