Old 07-24-2012, 01:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cvraider03

Newbie here, and I think it's time to get some help.

Hi all,

Just discovered your forum for the first time in my life today, and I'm a little surprised it took me so long. I am 26 year old male, living in Oregon

I started seeing a councelor about 2 weeks ago once a week, and last session he pointed out to me that I'm an Alcoholic, I was like who me, no way...but it truly is the truth and I have to accept that. Tomorrow when I see him I am going to request a referral to a detox center, as I have been drinking almost daily for more than a year now, clearly this coming down process isn't going to be easy. Just to 'take the pain' away of things that I've been going through, and to have more fun with friends. I thought I was just depressed, turns out I was just making this worse.

I took last night off from drinking (which was so difficult), I have been feeling very sick today, light headed, and I have a headache. These are symptoms I've experienced before, so of course I had another drink to make them go away.

I know this is gonna be a very long and difficult road for me, I have looked up some AA meetings in the area so I know they are available to me. I think i may actually have a friend who has been going to one so I may ask for some help. This is the first I've dealt with this straight on, it feels like a relief and terror at the same time. How am I gonna be able to function without Alcohol??!!!