Old 07-23-2012, 11:25 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

No way to know for sure...

...but I can say that there was no evidence of it that I perceived, and I'm pretty damn good at knowing when she's impaired, even slightly. Pretty damn good with strangers too.

That said, nobody's perfect and, as many of us know all too well, alcoholics are sneaky, and often cunning as hell when protecting their addiction. If we could just harness this tiny intellectual part of most alcoholics, we'd have found the God Particle, colonized Mars, and solved the world's problems a long, long time ago.

Kidding aside, the disease is cunning and baffling. I can see scenarios in which she could have indulged and I wouldn't know-- I travel enough it would be easy. I've always had to accept this as a reality since I decided to stay with her. It's part of the gig.

Now I have to decide again. I set some new boundaries yesterday, some requiring significant changes on her part I don't think she's willing to make. She has until Friday to decide if she is willing to make them and, if not, I'm moving out. And, of course, if she agrees but doesn't honor them I'll have to move out any way.

As always, more will be revealed.

C-

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
cy, can i ask a question? you stated she had 18 months uninterrupted sobriety....are you sure about that now? cuz she sure went FULL TILT and BALLS OUT if this was truly her first return to drinking. i also acknowledge that her program or lack thereof is not under your purview.....understanding there is no "guidebook" on relapse, often it seems the alcoholic will test the waters so to speak, with a drink or two, make sure the roof doesn't cave in on them, and then start ratcheting back up. she kinda went from 0 - speed of sound....

but screw that. how are YOU doing today? what do YOU need?