View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 03:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Good

Where there's a want there's a way!

I just read your post and as I am and have been in a suboxone program for over four years now without one relapse I may have some helpful suggestions for you. I'm curious how long you have used, what you were using, what your cravings are for and why you feel that suboxone is the thing that's going to work for you. Also what if any insurance do you have? Do you have any income at all or anyone willing to help you financially? I live in Washington state but due to the lack of sub ozone prescribing Dr.s I have to go to Idaho to see my Dr. Whom by the way took four months to get into. I am on Medicare and Medicaid and I pay nothing at all for my visits and my medication which if I had to pay out of pocket would be about 1500.00 a mo. Looking at the big picture however that is still a drop in the bucket compared to what I spent on the streets to stay well on heroin. Ok, I know for a fact that your local mental health facility takes people w.no income and they do have subpoena programs just don't advertise them openly. They can help you with the counseling services your looking for as well as cover the cost of the medications. So I would first look into that option. Second have you heard of or applied for ADATSA.? It's funding for treatment by the state thru government funding I believe but its there for people in your situation. I would look into these things first and let me know what comes of it. If you hit dead ends there I have much more to throw your way to get where your looking to go. For now I strongly suggest staying in touch with people on this web site, if you say the n/a stuff isn't for you and the twelve steps aren't for you, I would see if you can find it in you to reconsider at least while your working toward your goal. You may be surprised how much help the support of others in your situation can be. Let me know how it goes. Until then hang in there. It took me what seemed a lifetime and it was a lot of work on my behalf you have to really want this. There is hope. Dont give up!