View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 08:18 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
The foundation of AVRT is the thought process going on within one individual. Not a social action type of process with others.
So, I would say "Changing how we act happens as a result of changing our thoughts."

And, of course, "I think my way into acting". I can't imagine another way to do it.

The evolution from dependency to addiction to abstinence IS "thinking my way into a new way of thinking."

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot
Changing how we think happens as a result of changing our actions. I cannot think my way into acting, I must in fact act to experience action. I can't think my way into a new way of thinking. While in action, my thinking and awareness work together to change my mind in real time.
Okay, this is interesting. I love to work things out and have better understandings than I had before...

I agree AVRT is a singular process, and indeed not a social acting process with others. Not sure why you added that, but no matter, I agree.

I would say, speaking from my understanding of human evolution, first we did act, then we did think... This seems to make the most sense going forward. I don't see why such a wonderfully human practice has changed much over the eons.

Another way to move into action is to do so absolutely from energies sourced from our well of feelings, of which we have an abundance of, no?

Certainly I have created action, based on feelings, without a moments thought... I'm sure you have experienced something of the same?

>>>The evolution from dependency to addiction to abstinence IS "thinking my way into a new way of thinking."<<<

Well, the process from dependency to addiction to abstinence you have described is missing an essential element -- the use/abuse of alcohol and or drugs, experienced over a finite period of time, yeah?

Abusing alcohol/drugs requires a clearly physical action. So, how about this:

1. alcohol/drug use/abuse
2. dependancy
3. addiction
4. abstinence

Clearly again, first action, then thinking...