View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 11:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Skye10

Originally Posted by outtolunch View Post
We codependents tend to make lousy decisions when we are lonely.

It's very common for people addicted to substance to talk about how they are going to get and stay sober while they are high. It's just talk.

He's going to continue to hurt you as long as you allow him to do so. It's boundary time. You and your child's emotional well being depend on it.
Thank you for this! I actually was feeling lonely, but not wanting to date again as I felt it was way too soon, and I needed to work on myself. I guess it felt "safe" to start up the relationship with him again as I know him; he is familiar to me.

I have been very worried for this baby that he has been around. He has a bad temper at times and I'm sure the meth is only making things worse.

The day after he left I changed my number. I don't want this man back in my life, I know he is a piece of crap and he totally disgusts me. But I always seem to minimize things he has done because of his horrible childhood. I have put some boundaries in place and I think that is why he has a hard time being around me. The girl that has his baby will put up with basically anything.

I have been working on myself and going to counseling for the last year. I guess its a constant work in progress. I didn't tell my counselor he was back in my life as I was ashamed. She is now on maternity leave for 2 months.