View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 10:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
splintered

Husband loves his beer!

Stayed home today to search internet for help for me and my kids. Stumbled onto this forum.
I am so pissed at my husband because he has made our lives miserable. He won't stop drinking. He is chosing his beer over us. He doesn't think he has a problem, but I do. He drinks at least 4 beers every night after work, and 8 to 10 on his days off. (Works 12 hour shifts so is drunk at least 4 or 5 days in a 2 week rotation).
On days that we are both home together, he hides from me, has beer stashed outside that he secretly drinks and has a buddy that he likes to visit and drink with. He drinks early in the day and falls asleep on the couch by 7:00. He is not the man I married. He lies about how many he has and refuses help. He says I nag him and thats what makes him drink more.
Things are ok sometimes but this isn't how I pictured my life. He's a sneak, and I don't trust him anymore. I am strong and could live without him but pissed because I didn't want my kids to have divorced parents, pissed because financially it will be harder and pissed that I have to deal with this at all.