Old 07-17-2012, 02:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
imaquitter

At this point for me quitting is almost too easy. I'm not really sure why, maybe its the fact that I made it past that first 10 days or so? I'm not sure at all but I've really had almost no desire at all to drink after that initial few days. I've been drinking heavily for over 15 years and have not been able to moderate my drinking for all of that time.

I visited my wife a few days ago, took her shopping, she asked me why I didn't get beer, lol. She already knows I quit, then when we get back to her place she keeps asking me if i want a beer, she doesn't have anything else cold so I should really drink a beer, she had a few, I just drank semi-cold water. Then everytime she went to get her another one she was asking me if I wanted on that time, as if I'd change my mind haha.

I have no idea why she didnt want to put soda or water in the fridge, maybe she really thought she could get me to drink. The funny thing is, she was always trying to get me to quit drinking, for years, but then as soon as I did quit for a while she was always doing this and now I realize that I was right to move out before trying to seriously quit drinking. She doesn't have a drinking problem at all and can drink 1 or 4 or none so maybe she just doesn't get it but I don't understand why after she watched me drink for over a decade and was constantly complaining about it.

Anyway, I don't see this getting any more difficult and I have no intention of ever drinking again either. I know that even though it seems so easy it's also easy to get back on the same merry-go-round for many more years.