Thread: New :)
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 09:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
hopeful21

I recently started going to Nar Anon meetings because of my addicted husband. I knew I needed to take that step and talked about it for a month or so. I've only been to two so far - I was SO nervouse and anxious about walking into the first one - and I cried a lot while I was there!

It really is a very supportive place with no judgement at all - just to hear from people in similiar situations is very helpful.

I was NOT the only one there that wasn't a parent or sibling..but the majority of members at my meeting are parents or siblings of the addict. I will probably try another meeting soon - luckily there are many in my area - because I really would like to hear from more spouse/partners living with an addict - especially one in denail.

Most people at my meeting also talked about their addict who is in recovery...my husband denies denies denies - so that is the other frusterating part of the meeting for me so far.

All of this aside - GO. the meetings are still VERY helpful and I am so thankful to go and you should def. at least try one. I brought a very close friend with me who is very aware of my situation. I don't think I could have walked in without her. She has also gotten a lot out of our two meetings so far

Good luck and take care of yourself