View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 08:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
HopefulGF65

Originally Posted by oooopps View Post
Hopeful, my first Coda meeting.... I went in sobbing, was crying the whole time in front of a circle of strangers. As people shared, I cried quietly. I was basically a human water fountain that evening. Man did I felt insane but I was in so much emotional pain and under a lot of stress that I didnt care. Being judged was the last thing that I cared about. I just wanted the pain and sadness to go away and I was willing to do almost anything then (short of giving up the addict).

Thinking back now, I can actually laugh about it. Nobody mind that I was a wreck, there were tissues there for me and people were very kind. Boy did I come a long way from where I was. Life is good.
Oooopps, thank you for sharing that, it brought tears to my eyes.... Had I gone when I first found SR, that would have been me also. I still shed tears, I'm an emotional personal anyway, but the days of crying driving to work, sometimes while at work, driving home from work, when I got home, falling asleep, are over. I'm not bitter, I just want to live and enjoy.

Last night I went to a yoga class. It was a bit different from what I expected and I didn't enjoy every moment of it but what I got outof it was that I tried something new and *that* is what made me smile.

p.s. you know you need to learn relaxation skills when you're sitting in the middle of a yoga class, one eye secretly open scanning the room, checking things out, lol.