Old 07-13-2012, 07:12 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Dalek

Originally Posted by ReadyAndAble View Post
It is easier for me to type this reply on my laptop than on my phone. Now, would it be fair to take that statement, and suggest that I am in any way saying I am less capable of posting with my phone?
It would certainly be fair to assume you are saying that you are more likely to make a typing mistake on your phone. We all know what a "mistake" might mean in the original context. AVRT is about perfection, and there is no room for mistakes ("slips"). You can play with words, but AVRT will slice right through the word play.

Also, my interpretation of this whole "easier" vs "harder" thing is not really that far-fetched, is it? When addicted people say that quitting is "not easy" or "too difficult", most of us intuitively know what they mean by that, even without AVRT.

Translation: "I can't do it, it's too hard, I wish it were easier, if only it were easier, then I could do it."

How many times have you heard someone say "quitting is so hard" (AV) on this site alone? It is usually followed by more AV from someone else trying to reassure them, in the form of "yes, quitting is hard, but..."

Recovery is only difficult for the Beast. For us, recovery is as easy or as difficult as we want it to be.

Cravings suck.
No separation here. Cravings suck for whom? You or the Beast?

There ain't a craving big enough to knock me off my game... but at the same time, I'd rather not get hit.
Why not? By themselves, cravings and desires are harmless. They cannot fulfill themselves. Remember, the Beast (addictive desire) is not the cause of your addiction -- the Addictive Voice is. It is only through the AV that the Beast can get what it wants, and recognition (a passive, effortless act) neutralizes it.

Originally Posted by The Art of AVRT -- (©) by Jack Trimpey, Page 49
Always welcome the AV; never fear it because it is a sign of health. When you recognize the AV, do not reply or answer it, and it will fall silent. The Beast cannot tolerate exposure to your vision and authority. Remember, the art of AVRT is effortless for you, but a frightening, painful experience for the Beast. Let the poor thing suffer. Enjoy the feeling of payback.