Old 07-13-2012, 05:18 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Dalek View Post

You also need to bear in mind that the Beast is the desire to use, and vice versa. What you said below essentially translates to "I no longer have a Beast -- it has gone away."

One of the prime functions of the Addictive Voice is to conceal its existence, and by extension, the existence of the Beast. I can think of no bigger concealment than "I have absolutely no cravings/interest/desire" (ie, no Beast).

The Beast (the desire) may temporarily lie dormant, and we may certainly have periods -- even extended periods -- of no Beast activity, but the Beast is immutable. Once born, it is a permanent, biological script error, and it doesn't just go away, no matter how much time passes since its last fix.
Awesome again, Dalek.

I'll add this:

Sometimes these truths are difficult to grasp when one dosen't remember that it is always in the 'now moment' with AVRT. So, saying -- I dont do this, or I dont do that -- or never this and never that -- or anything that is time-conditioned will get noticed by the Beast, and the AV kicks into action. This is why a Big Plan kicks the hell out of a Beast when we say we will never now drink again.