Old 07-12-2012, 08:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
crazybabie

Originally Posted by thislittlelight View Post
Question. My friend has been an addict since age 13. In and out of treatment trouble and jail. Any kind of drug will do. From IV Heroin to weed to alcohol and now crack. He has never held a job for any length of time, has no home, car, and very little possessions which I guess makes it easier when he ends back up in jail and loses everything. He's thousands of miles away from "friends" has very little family who he dislikes and are not supportive. He has survived (because I wouldn't call it living) by living off of other people and mostly women
They call themselves his girlfriend he calls them his victims and they truly are. He sells his soul and "prostitutes" himself just to have a place to stay food a phone and of course money and drugs. I met him when he was clean and he told me this much of his past. He relapsed began to treat me like I was one of his victims and I have decided to no longer enable him. I have not called had no contact with him for 3 weeks. I want to help him and right now that means praying for him and letting go and letting God. I read this may help him and that when he hits bottom and loses everything he may decide to get serious about recovery . My question? He is homeless has next to nothing what in the hell has to happen to get his attention? And what is his impetus to change when there is another girl out there willing to be victimized?

Thanks !
Your first question He is homeless has next to nothing what in the hell has to happen to get his attention?

Everyone's rock bottom is different no way of knowing what his, is some finally decide they do not want to live that way anymore, some end up in jail/prison and have to do a drug program and some it helps others it doesn't. and sadly some the bottom is death.

Your second question, And what is his impetus to change when there is another girl out there willing to be victimized? Unfortunately, there is ALWAYS someone who will think they can "fix" him most addicts are very charming and they know what too say and who to say it too.