View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 03:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
itsthepop

You might also be talking about my daughter, not sure, but I posted about this during the whole ROD debate we had.

She completed her ROD (Rapid Opiate Detox) and was given a shot during that procedure. Although the doctor called it naltrexone; its the same.

The paper they gave us listed some side effects, but she says she is feeling wonderful and hasnt had any of them. (At least not yet).

Initially she didnt want to be given the injection, but the doctor said it is part of their standard protocol during the ROD procedure and it actually plays a part if healing the receptors too. (I didnt research that part, but he said that)

What my daughter had, can be given monthly. She is not sure she wants it again, but I told her that if she is not having any side effects from it, then maybe it wouldnt be a bad thing to continue.

I think the concept is that like it says, if she give into an emotional craving (because in her case her body has no cravings after the ROD) then she would not get any satisfaction from taking the drug, and in time the emotinal cravings would diminish / disappear.