Old 07-11-2012, 12:42 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
GettingBy

So, he gets lots of s*x, has a great looking wife, and a new house that we had moved into and acts like everything is better than normal in our lives. He went around retaliating by drinking more in hiding and then finally(after he gets popped for the DUI) admits to his anger and resentment.
That is exactly the life I walked away from. I was playing the role of a stepford wife in what I now classify as a horror film.

Everyone used to tell us how amazing we were as a family. Two beautiful kids, both successful careers, golden retriever, brand new house in a prestigious neighborhood. OH, it looked great from the outside... just don't open the front door.

And that's just what I did... but I didn't just open it... I kicked the MFer right in! And bared all for everyone. I was sick and tired of hiding, lying, and keeping up appearances!!

And for the record... 6-7 months later... house is sold - we're divorced... and I don't miss any of it one bit. I love my small little rental house, in my cozy, quaint family neighborhood. It's peaceful, affordable, and MINE.... all MINE.