Old 07-10-2012, 12:21 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
GettingBy

The more I think about it, he probably won't even have the b*lls to bring it up.
Well... sounds like you don't either, honestly. Why not just face the truth and tell him? Life is WAY to short to walk around on eggshells trying to avoid the elephant in the room.

I avoided so many uncomfortable conversations because I didn't want to be The Bad Guy. All it did was make me miserable and trapped. The sooner I started speaking up for myself... the sooner life started to be happy again.

I know for me... I tip-toed around the issue because I was still in denial. Still holding out hope that maybe, just maybe, he wasn't an alcoholic, and maybe just maybe... this whole situation would magically resolve itself. Facing the truth hurt like hell. It meant stirring up all sorts of emotions - fear, anger, sadness, guilt, shame - and DEALING with them. ACk. But going THROUGH them was the ONLY path that leads to happiness.... that's for certain.

(Sorry if this came off as punchy... I'm particulary sadden today when I see people stuck in the pain I was stuck in for so long. My only purpose was to help you see what took me FOREVER to see.)

Own your power Lizatola. Take control of your life.