View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 09:23 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
My partner and I never get to be around others like us... so when in NYC yesterday we stopped in a place... I had no idea the effect it would have on me. I know... I should have... but i did not.

K
Actually, Ken, you are perfectly safe not knowing what effect anything will have on you, once you've made a Big Plan, and you are perfectly capable of making a Big Plan, even though you hadn't as of your last drink.

It took me some time to think about the meaning of "never again" when there was such a drive within to decide "yes, again".

I know RIGHT NOW that ABSOLUTELY ANY situation I find myself in, EVEN THEN, I will know that I took away the ability to even choose to drink. I cannot even contemplate a new decision making process about drinking. It's all over, forever. That's what a Big Plan means.

Go over in your mind what you were thinking when you had that first drink in the "place". What happened to the mantra you used before of "I will never drink again", and can you imagine that you WILL ACTUALLY NEVER DRINK AGAIN, no matter what happens and what effect a situation may have on you?

GT