Old 07-09-2012, 05:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

UGH, forgot about our Costa Rica trip....

Hi guys! I am enjoying my vacation in FL. Turns out I'm going to be going from FL straight to Dallas at the end of the month so I will be absent from AH's presence for over a month now! WOW! Funny thing is, he's totally normal. There have been no conflicts, no weird conversations, he hasn't been drunk on the phone with me(not saying he hasn't been drinking, just that I haven't heard it), and we're actually getting along. Of course, we only talk for about 10 minutes a day and send a few texts here and there.

So, here's my question. AH qualifies for a business rewards trip with his company every year. It's scheduled at the end of October and this year it's going to be in Costa Rica. My dilemma is that I want to go because I've always wanted to zipline in Costa Rica, but I really don't want to go this year WITH HIM. I'm just not feeling ready to spend 4 days with him, traveling with him, sleeping with him knowing he'll probably expect s*x, etc and that I'll have to put on a show of the devoted wife in front of his boss and co-workers. Also, I love all the other wives, we've known each other for 10 years and we sit on the beach and chat about the kids and our lives, etc and I really enjoy their company. Yet, I can't seem to get past the fact that I have to go with 'him', LOL. So, what would you do? Just go and suck it up and enjoy what you can for you? Or, skip the trip this year knowing there will be other trips in the future(whether they be with him or someone else, etc)?

Oh, and I think he already got the reservation request forms from corporate and he hasn't sent me the email yet to schedule everything, which tells me that he knows I'm probably sitting on the fence about whether I'm going or not. Usually, he gets the reservation forms around the end of June or early July and he forwards the email to me so that I can book the flights and pick our restaurants for our meals. He hasn't brought it up, and I'm quite grateful for that!