Old 07-08-2012, 08:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jackthedog

ex husband under the influence when son is visiting

When I picked up my son at exAH's house tonight I could smell Marijuana. Son got into car and I said "I smell weed". Son said huh. After I returned home, exAH was acting weird, sending texts to me saying he was sorry he didn't bring son home, I told him before when I picked up son that is was no problem, I was out and about. His paranoia alerted me. He also texted our son too to be sure I was not mad, my behavior was far from mad, I was fine with it. ExAH called our son and son said, before he answered, "Dad is calling because he knows we smelled it." So while son was talking to him I got in the car and went over there to see if it still smelled. It didn't. ExAH wanted me to come into the house to talk about it, I could tell he had been drinking, but I walked back to the garage, looked around, it was clean, didn't see anything suspicious. I said to exAH just give me a hair sample and I will have it tested. He thought I was ridiculous, he didn't know you could buy a kit yourself, I told him about it. He hesitated and tried to side track me and I kept saying, look I don't care what you do when our son is not with you, but you were responsible for him until 9pm and it was before then when we stopped to get son's things. But I do care if our son is involved. He said he swears he wasn't using MJ, I said ok, then give me a hair sample, he thought it was ridiculous, then finally pulled one out of his head and put it in a baggie, when I got home I couldn't see the hair in the bag. Wished I would have asked for urine. What are my rights? Should I go ask for a urine sample tomorrow? I don't think I got enough hair, if any at all. We are separated and do not have final papers yet, should soon. Son says he never smelled it there before, son knows his dad was arrested last summer for growing 2 pot plants in his back yard.