Old 07-07-2012, 09:44 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Dalek View Post
I disagree, Robby. We have flushed out and exposed another Beast hole, which, even though it may not apply to you personally, is quite common, judging from some of the questions received. Heck, Allen Carr even wrote a whole book on changing your thinking to see alcohol as poison, or at least something that doesn't give you any benefits at all.

If it takes some back and forth to get there, so be it. AVRT discussion is not a "sharing" phenomenon, after all. We actively identify the addictive voice in other people's thinking and help them flush the Beast out from hiding. The Beast is indeed a "dumbass," insofar as it is stupidly single-minded, but its power comes from operating in secrecy. Once exposed, it is defeated, which is precisely why you are now able to see it as a dumbass -- in hindsight.
Hey, Dalek, I made that comment much earlier on, lol, in response to Tippingpoint making an observation. After my comment, we got into it much more, and I thought so, and I thanked you, that we were having a great discussion.

And yeah, I've always thought this thread was, and is, awesome! And I'll be enjoying more discussions I'm sure as I learn more about AVRT, and offer my contributions to the thread.