Old 07-07-2012, 08:29 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  
Dalek

Originally Posted by Lenina View Post
I have to wonder how many lives are saved because of this thread.
This thread is a remarkable phenomenon, given that it is essentially a tiny island situated in a vast sea of addictive voice and recovery-ism. In this setting, AVRT was extremely susceptible to misrepresentation, misinterpretation, and bastardization that can destroy its potency and natural appeal. The odds were heavily stacked against it from the onset, but this experiment has somehow survived, mostly by sticking to the spirit of AVRT.

Whether or not that spirit is maintained remains to be seen, but this thread has no doubt reached people who would not have known about AVRT otherwise. It would indeed be a shame for this thread to now collapse in upon itself, or to deviate from purpose. Personally, I have faith that if people stick to the model that has worked thus far, that it can continue to thrive. For those of you lamenting the good old days, I leave you with this as food for thought.

Originally Posted by Terminally Unique
I just want to say thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread. When I started it, I didn't think that it would grow as it has, nor did I think that it would last this long. My original intent was simply to try and explain some nuances about AVRT so that people might get up to speed on it faster than I did. However, many of the questions that people have posed on here have invariably forced me to re-evaluate AVRT on a deeper level. I suppose Frank Oppenheimer was correct when he said that the best way to learn is to teach. I would add that the best way to teach is to keep learning.