Old 07-07-2012, 07:38 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  
Dalek

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
Has this been a good discussion?

I don't think so.

I thought RR:TNC AVRT was much tougher and to the point than this discussion has shown me. Sorry, just being honest.

What I see, if I may, from this discussion, is a rather over respect for the Beast. Its nothing but a dumbass, has been my experience.
I disagree, Robby. We have flushed out and exposed another Beast hole, which, even though it may not apply to you personally, is quite common, judging from some of the questions received. Heck, Allen Carr even wrote a whole book on changing your thinking to see alcohol as poison, or at least something that doesn't give you any benefits at all.

If it takes some back and forth to get there, so be it. AVRT discussion is not a "sharing" phenomenon, after all. We actively identify the addictive voice in other people's thinking and help them flush the Beast out from hiding. The Beast is indeed a "dumbass," insofar as it is stupidly single-minded, but its power comes from operating in secrecy. Once exposed, it is defeated, which is precisely why you are now able to see it as a dumbass -- in hindsight.