Old 07-07-2012, 11:29 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
crazybabie

I thought my relationship was "unique" or rather that my addict was "special" I first joined SR because of my oldest son. I did not stay around long because he kept getting locked up
and I didn't realize I still needed to learn or work on me Fast forward and my daughters fiancee died of an overdose in December 2008 then in January my middle son who I had absolutely no clue was using overdosed he was gone a lot working with our local Sheriffs Cadet program, then he went through the Sheriffs Reserve the youngest here ever allowed in the reserve. I ended up having to do CPR on this son, and he ended up on life support. I am very grateful he is alive.

April, of the same year I lost my brother from a suicide I was devastated then in October of the same year 2009 I husband told me he did want the responsibility of a wife any more turns out he had started using pain pills and xanax. I wish I had listened to him but NO, I left the house got my own place and a few months later he is sorry he didn't know what he was thinking.

I let him move in with me and the roller coaster ride began. While we, were separated I came back to SR. We are now separated again I asked him April 28 to move out.

I thought my H was "special" even just about a month ago so many things I had seen posted here I knew in my heart he would NEVER do ha ha turns out I was wrong again.

KnBlueSkies, IMO, you have been fortunate I am happy for you and your RA, recovery is rare especially where the relationships last. I am always happy anytime one can recover and stay recovered.

I don’t think we are truly unique, but I think we may be in regards to the group that typically posts on this forum. I think most people who find success would move on with their lives, and leave the boards to others who are experiencing turmoil and confusion, who need a place to vent. I think those strong emotions are evident in many of the post I read.

There are many forums and many post,many groups, Al-anon, Nar-anon, Families Anonymous and unfortunately the reality is most times it doesn't work the way yours has. Now about HOPE I believe there is a form of hope as long as a person is alive but I choose not to sit around and just wait.

I am working the recovery I wish my AH would I have not filed for a divorce and have no clue where this will lead but I do know I will be OK either way. I have been with my AH for 31 years and married for 28 of those years.

Laura, I wish the best for you and your son,