Old 07-07-2012, 04:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
carmel01

do alcoholics really mean the nasty things they say?

any recovering alcoholics out there: when you have said cruel, nasty, spiteful things to the people you love, do you really mean it? i know its the drink talking, but its so confusing, do alcoholics mean to hurt others on purpose? it feels like it. do you feel regret? or just regret the next day? help me understand what my partner is thinking when he tries to hurt me with his mean words, like...

"i don't want our son, and never have. we shouldnt have had him"

"i'm off to stick my dick into something" (if we havnt had sex in a while, its my fault cause he needs it) P.s he hasnt cheated, its just talk

"you're just like my ex, she was controlling too"

"i'm sick of spending all my money on this family" (even though i am the breadwinner, he works part time)

"i'm sick of living in this **** hole. why dont you clean it up?"

"theres plenty of people interested in me, ive had offers from other chicks don't need you"

i could go on and on, he sometimes apologises the next day, but most of the time he doesnt think he needs to apologise, which just causes another fight. so do alcoholics mean what they say when drunk?

he drinks every single day, i could count on one hand how many completely sober days he has had since ive been with him. and even then i dont know really, because he always smells like beer, its just his smell, so i dont know if hes had a drink or not...