Old 07-06-2012, 01:07 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Dalek
All conditions for abstinence are automatically conditions for drunkenness. Seeing alcohol as "poison" is an all time AV classic, little more than a speed bump for the Beast. It can easily see through any such tricks.
Originally Posted by GerandTwine
It is AV activity to consider alcohol a poison - it gives DEEEEEEP PLEASURE - (as well as all the negative after effects which led us to quit). Wanting to consume it is simply a misallocated sign of health, not disease.

I do not look or think of alcohol as if it were Drano, but I am aware and can easily contemplate that the likelihood of my drinking alcohol is the same as the likelihood of my drinking Drano. These are two very different concepts.
Interesting. I've known alcohol to be akin to poison, in my mind, for decades, and I've not suffered from respective AV activity particular to this understanding. Alcohol consumption is as fatal for me as any fatal poison of another name. Not sure i understand why my Beast or how my Beast can or could get any milage out of my subjective comparative understanding of my certain death should I not live within my sans-alcohol life. If I die, my Beast dies, and such an outcome hardly satisfies my Beast, lol. My tested-and-proven understanding provides no favors for my Beast, is my ongoing experience.