Old 07-03-2012, 01:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Windmills

I have learned that maybe I'm not as weak as he always said I am. Maybe I'm not all the bad things he drummed into my head.. Because if I was, people wouldn't want to be around me. People wouldn't trust me or choose to stay in touch with me.
I've learned that there are good people out there. FA and the DV project have taught me that there are kind, genuine, beautiful people out there and it's just learning how to spot the bad ones to weed them out.
I've learned not to judge the pain of others as greater than or less than my own. Everyone's suffering is equal, emotional pain is emotional pain. I've gained a huge respect for the mothers of addicted adult children. I've learned that maybe healing IS possible and maybe I won't be stuck forever. I've learned to appreciate my own progress and stop pushing for perfection. I've learned so so much through the aftermath of this entire experience, in many ways I'm very grateful for this opportunity to grow as a person and even start to heal wounds from my childhood. I can't say I wish I never met him, I have a beautiful 2 year old daughter and lots of very important life lessons. Although I'm the oldest 21 year old I've ever met