View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 01:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
hypochondriac

should I try...again....
...YES!!!

The forever thing is scary copperfield. Maybe just do it one day at a time. Or use AVRT and rip the plaster off completely. Maybe try it for longer than a week though. I don't know about you but I had all these unrealistic expectations of how great everything would be if I was sober. I'd be here after a month tapping my foot wondering why I didn't feel any better yet! But then I'd been drinking daily for 12 years. It's only fair to give sobriety a fair chance. Maybe aim for a year? (And if that sends you into a panic, don't worry, that's your AV and it will die down eventually )

I was one of those that really liked the taste of beer and I would have probably used that as my number one excuse like many people do, but eventually I felt like I was drinking under duress because I wanted to quit but couldn't. I hate the smell of it now.

And thanks for your post. There are always loads of posts in this forum from people saying they thought they had it under control but it got bad again. It really does stop me from attempting it again myself.

I hope you quit soon x