View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by crazybabie View Post
My AH birthday is Monday and I have no intentions of calling or texting him and sending well wishes, I am not feeling guilty about my decision what I am wanting to know is ways that people here have helped themselves get through those special days, holidays, birthdays, etc..

I do have a meeting that night which I am very grateful for.
Well...

My birthday was just two weeks ago. My AXGF's been gone for almost six months now. And to me, what she did -- her ultimate betrayal of me -- is really a gift. Because what she did there was simply no recovering from. We were unequivocally done. So, on my birthday, I was thankful for my bandmates, because every single one of them texted me and wished me happy birthday. I was happy and thankful for my friends and my family, and I was happy that I found this board because, after reading everyone's stories, I realized that although I may be codependant, I'm not sick in the way my AXGF is sick. And I was especially happy that she's long gone. She is, without a doubt, the most duplicitous, manipulative, sadistic person I've had the misfortunate of knowing, and a cheating wh*re to boot.

I guess the overall point is instead of thinking about what you may have lost, think about all the things you have and be thankful for that.

Best,
ZoSo