View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 07:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
lizatola

There is another relationship book out there that my therapist wanted me to read. It was about the emotional freedom technique and it's called "Hold Me Tight". The book is meant to be applied and used by both partners and specifically states in the beginning that it is not meant to be used in a relationship where there is abuse or addiction. I read through most of it and it's all about communication and understanding why our partner reacts or puts up walls or defends themselves, etc. It tries to give us a better understanding of our relationship and of our partner and there are exercises to do in the book, as well.

Oh, back to my point. Any book about relationships or love or having our needs met is going to be a mute point in a relationship if there is addiction or abuse or probably even a personality disorder that is left untreated. You can read these books for your own insight if your partner isn't on board, though. How does your partner feel about the book, are you working through it together?