View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 06:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jessiec

Ended it, Part 2: It got ugly

I posted I ended things with ABF (even got him to agree we'd be better as friends). My cats and I were to stay with one more night with him -- I was waiting for my new place to be finished the very next day. He assured me he'd be cool, be my friend and still help me move.

I get home that night after girlfriends have taken me out for dinner (oh, and it was my birthday yesterday, which makes all this even richer!). He's been drinking all day (he had the day off). He's a complete clumsy mess. He begins ranting, accusing me of cheating on him. He calls me names ("fatass" -- which I'm not, but he knows I've always wrestled with food/body image issues).

Scared and stressed, at about 11 p.m., I pack up all my things and my cats (while he taunts me the whole time and even drop-kicked my suitcase out the door) and left to stay with a friend.

I'm so done.

I hate that things got that ugly, yet I'm honestly so glad they did -- If there was any doubt I made the right decision, it's all gone. So is my desire to have any contact with him. He texted an apology -- and a happy birthday (snort!) -- and sent a few more. I ignored them and will continue to do so.

Last night, with the help of my wonderful friends, I got moved into my new place, without any help from him! I'm struck by the divine timing of everything -- I am supposed to begin my new year in a new place with a clean slate. And I feel blessed and happy.

I don't have to spend another weekend on eggshells. I don't have to go to a family dinner tonight (with his alcoholic father and enabler mother) and wonder if he's drinking when he takes the trash out. I don't have to go to a family bridal shower tomorrow (for his niece) and worry how much alcohol he's sucking down when the men do their thing.

I have a full weekend of unpacking, swimming, shopping, girlfriends (dinner tonight, Magic Mike tomorrow!).

It feels so much better on this side.