View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 05:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
HopefulGF65

The countdown to my ex moving out is 5 days, including today. My emotions are whacked. They are caring one minute, angry the next, and then the tears come when I realize compassion always wins out. Just once, I want to be cold and unfeeling to get me through this. But that's not me. But he's carrying on as if life is not going to change. I don't think he's made any phone calls to the facilities his Aunt gave him. Those few days when he was off the Suboxone (and probably everything) and crying for 3 days straight was the only time he showed how clear headeded he was. He was sorry, he realized what he was losing, knew he had to go to inpatient and that he was not well, etc. etc.. Now that he's back on Suboxone, it doesn't seem like he cares, back to being moody (and I'm sure alot of that has to do with the fact he has no more bargaining with me, the move is imminent), and doesn't appear to be taking this seriously (the need for structured medical care). It's almost as if he is operating with a child's mind.

Thank God I took time off next week for a very long weekend. Now, if I can just stop this awful emotional eating...Does anyone have any advice on how to cut ties with the food that has been feeding the emotions? It's awful!!