View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 11:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
HopefulGF65

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
Love this thread! After years of raising two daughters by myself and engaging in unhealthy relationships, I found it so difficult to take care of myself!

A couple of years ago, I decided to get my nails done professionally, even though I felt guilty about it (I always put everyone else first). It got easier with time, and now I look forward to my "me" days, which have also expanded to pedicures, and hair cuts and coloring!

I have also started reading again, which I had quit years ago. I enjoy getting lost in a book.

I also decided to really make my home a home and start decorating to my tastes. My bedroom is African-themed. There is so much more but I am using my youngest daughter's laptop, and I can't type worth a poop on its keyboard!
This made me smile....good for you! Taking care of ourselves (and yes, I know that guilt feeling and I don't even have kids so I can imagine) does not make us divas, just smart.

And that's awesome about decorating. It is soooo much fun to put together a theme from various stores, yard sales, Craigslist, lol, wherever, it's almost an adventure. You just have to have a story for at least a few things in your home!

ps - tell us more when you can