Old 06-25-2012, 07:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hopeworks

Originally Posted by jayjay1882 View Post
You rock!!!!!
Honestly I don't feel like I "rock or rocked" back then... I think I was more in the way but I forgive myself because I didn't know what I didn't know.

I was suffering terribly and my life was a prison of alcoholism and codependency of the worst sort. I was a hot mess and so was he.

However... I am absolutely rocking now! Thanks to my HP.

Thanks to this website and its amazing, amazing men and women who share incredible stories of pain, insight, wisdom and recovery.

Thanks to Alanon and the incredible freedom that working the steps brings.

Thanks to the authors who have written great books about the subject. Knowledge is power.

And time is a healer. More will be revealed. We gain wisdom and frankly we just finally get...

Enough. enough pain. enough shattered dreams. enough anxiety. enough tears.

And we find the courage through the stories of others. The community of empathy we find on this website and alanon.

And when we know it is time we make the hard choices whatever they may be for us to set the boundaries we know we NEED to make and KEEP.

So lets all agree to "ROCK"!!!! One day at a time. Baby steps turn into running. Mourning turns to dancing!

It happens. It can happen to you. It will happen to you if you set your heart on it and work your individual recoveries whatever path that it is for YOU...

Love to you all.

Shalom.