View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Live2Run25
Run to live... live to run

My Weekend: A glimpse of Rehab

This weekend I went to see my Dad at a Rehab Center. He’s been there for a few weeks now. It was an interesting experience. We got to visit for a while and he showed me where his room is. We then watched a movie by Claudia someone about the domino effect of alcoholism on families. It was interesting and mostly pointed at the visitors and not the addicted person. After that, us visitors all went to a meeting with a counselor and talked about how it was to be in the family with someone that has an addiction. It was an interesting meeting hearing things from the other side of the addiction. It was hard to see the hurt family members there and talking about how hard it had been coping with their addicted persons addiction. It was a real eye opener for myself. I’m so glad I caught this now, and didn’t put my family is that position. I also got a chance to tell my dad face to face about my own problems with alcohol.

It was a really good experience for me. I hope everyone had a great and SOBER weekend!