Old 06-22-2012, 05:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
GypsyHeart
Autobrew Anon Member

I think that maybe worry over sleeping bothers me too and is fuel for my addiction. Even though I normally go to sleep easy. But when I don't, it's the endless rumination going over and over and over things at work or things I'm angry at with other people and how I am going to do this or say that (but I never do). It's like a tape running repeatedly and even thinking "stop this" and turning over .... it just keeps on until I think I exhaust myself with it and fall asleep. So, I obviously wake up not rested.
Healthy things I have done (when not drinking): reading til I feel sleepy or fall asleep, making sure I have done enough in the day that I am genuinely tired, ate good/exercised enough, say prayers/feel gratitude, worked logic problems (lots of concentrating for me), taken a nice hot bubble bath with hot tea.
Unhealthy things I do to myself and still sleep - drink obviously, I've taken Nyquil or Flexeril to guarantee sleep a lot of times, cried myself to sleep, been still in hungover mode from the night before that I'm just so tired.
I wish it was just a specific time of day for me. But it's a hundred different moments. I wish you the best with finding a solution for sleep (and everything else) and also congrats on the new job.