View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 09:40 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by LaTeeDa View Post
Something SR helped me to realize is that it really wasn't about the drinking. It was about the behavior. So, if he drinks AGAIN, you will leave? He already drank AGAIN since he supposedly quit. If he gets in trouble with the LAW, you will leave? He's already in trouble with the law, hence his suspended license.

The message you seem to be sending is that his behavior is okay with you, as long as he doesn't get caught. Or maybe you just keep moving your line in the sand because he keeps stepping right over it?

L
Yes, maybe that's it. In the letter I was going to give him I explained how what he was doing compromises my values and beliefs and violates the law and how that affects us as a family. I have chosen to not actually SPEAK to him about any of his behaviors because he doesn't seem to want to hear the truth. Maybe I should give him the letter after all? At least then he knows my thoughts, but what good is that really going to do? I am not ready to walk out yet, I know it's crazy but I'm just not there yet. I'm going to work hard at acceptance and I finally got a sponsor in Al Anon so I'm hoping to gain some insight and serenity as I move forward.