View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 04:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
FindingErica

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
you are stuck in the dynamic of "Can't see the forest for the trees" - focusing on a single "normal" seeming act amidst of body of work that indicates anything BUT normal. it's time to ACCEPT that he is inconsistent, ACCEPT that he chooses to drive on a suspended license, ACCEPT that he does not and cannot live up to the ROLE you envision of a husband and father. IT IS WHAT IT IS. really all he did was manage to hold one decent phone conversation...............not sure in the grand scheme that really rates a whole lotta hoo hah?
This is what I remind myself of when the "what ifs" hit. It is hard at times to see the forest for the trees when you have been with someone a long time. When I question why I am leaving I remind myself that AH was holding a "normal" loving husband father conversation with me by text message when in reality he was high, fighting with his sister and getting thrown out of her home. And had just alienated my brother the day before showing up at his house high. I had no idea in the world what he was really doing that weekend. He let on nothing. Crazy started realizing then that I didn't really know who he was anymore.