View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 02:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Katiekate

Leaving is so hard, because we are codies, it was hard for me, and I went no contact and then had contact, and then no contact, it was like a fix to talk to him, but in the end, he turned on me like a viscious animal, why because I wouldn't give him what he wanted, his enabler, and that made his addict self uncomfortable.

It was an agony for both of us, for different reasons, that I never want to experience with another human being again.

Sometimes newer folks think that the people who are futher along in recovery from codependence are hard on them, or too quick to say get out, they know of that which they speak, fear of being alone is just not a good reason to stay, either is love, addiction will take every single person in it's wake down, the wounds incurred are so wounding and so cruel.

Your addcit deserves a good life, but they are responsible for that, if you stay, you will hurt, you will hurt like hell. The intimacy that you experience with alcoholic and addicts is very sick and very unhealthy.