View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 10:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lightseeker

Courage to Change

I really liked the reading from today which included this line"Perhaps I can take a different view of my problems. If I accept them at face value without taking them personally, I may find that they are not problems at all, only things that have not gone as I would have liked."

I'm not sure why that shift in thought helps me so much but I notice that my victim thinking dissipates when I look at a "problem" that way. Things are definitely not going as I like but I'm grateful for any perspective that allows me the perspective of not being that victim.

I've got the 6th and 7th steps on my mind these days and am recognizing the characteristics that I am unable to change no matter what I do. These are my "cloudier" traits (at least to me) than the obvious ones like judgement, people pleasing, advice giving, etc. The ones I'm speaking about are shame, regret, sorrow, and being a victim. Those traits are keeping me from being the person that I believe HP has it in mind for me to be.

Anyone else in the 6th and 7th step mode these days? Just glad that I can humbly ask for these traits to be dealt with now that I have exhausted my own ideas (LOL).