View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 08:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
lillamy

I kind of giggled at this because... on Facebook, I follow two motivational authors because I love their outlook on life. That is, most of the time. I also have days when seeing their upbeat updates makes me wish they'd spill hot coffee on their clean shirtfront before 8 am. LOL

One thing this reminded me of is that saying that it's not what happens to you, it's how you react to it. I have two dear friends who right now are in real difficult situations. They cry. They panic. They scream. But they've got a forward drive. Like that quote in my sig: If you're going through hell, keep going.

That's positive to me. That's contagious to me. That's a little bit like running (which I used to do 40 lbs ago and will do again in -25 pounds) where the last mile of a race, it's all will. You don't see the goal, everything in your body is screaming at you to lay down, give up, stop, don't do this to me -- but you hold on to the goal by faith and keep running ANYWAY. Even though it hurts. Even though it makes no sense right now.

Thank you for this post. I needed the reminder this morning.