Old 06-18-2012, 06:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
changeschoices

I have my ups and downs too. Today was a really good day; in fact, I haven't had a really good day in the two months since I ended it with AX. I felt so content today, it almost felt WEIRD, lol! I haven't felt content in a long time.

And I know that I will probably feel bad again, that I will continue to have ups and downs. That's normal. We don't grieve the loss of a relationship in one straight line. However, if you don't consistently feel mostly better as the weeks go on, definitely see your doctor. There's no shame in taking an antidepressant if you need it. And you can take them short term, you don't have to take them forever.

I get lonely sometimes too. I am a relationship person; I like having a partner. That is who I am so I don't beat myself up over feeling lonely at times and wishing for a partner. It will happen in the right time.

Maybe you feel particularly sad because your ex came by to see you and you know he was only looking for one thing. That type of thing can really make your self esteem plummet. Don't dwell on it, and avoid him!! No one wants to feel used and unvalued as a human being. You will meet a good guy, you really will.