Thread: Black outs
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
bumble

Originally Posted by grizz View Post
I guess I could understand it more if the rants were not the same every time. It has been some time since the last one, but the content was the same. So I am tending to believe that we she is saying is what she believes deep down.
I don't know if my rants were the "same" every time (don't remember a damn thing, and that's the honest truth!), but I do believe they were variations on a common theme. There is a seed of discontent here, and only she can figure out what it is. Did you try asking? She might need some time to figure it out, mind.

Originally Posted by grizz View Post
She seems to be remorsful and I told we can work through it, but sheesh this is getting old.
There are words, and there are actions. Apologies without action are empty apologies.

(Unfortunately, it's hard to feel FULLY remorseful when you're sitting there in disbelief because you don't remember what you did...doesn't excuse the behaviour, of course, but it might help you to understand that, if she's like me, someone may as well have been telling her she turned green and started sprouting lemons off her fingertips...). For myself, I felt terrible when the BF told me - he looked so heartbroken - but honestly, there was a certain disconnect; I had a hard time linking what I'd been told I'd done with his crestfallen face.

But, yes, it does get old. Gosh, does it ever! True sentiments or not, my BF had every right to oust me from his life. If you can work it out, great - if not, well, why stay in a destructive relationship?