Old 06-17-2012, 08:36 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by IAmAbstinent View Post
Here's what I've come up with:

I chose to use because... Refutation
There was nothing else to do|||||| I chose to use rather than making the effort to find constructive and healthy enjoyment in life

...of stress|||||| I chose to use because I did not want to make the effort to find proven and effective stress reduction techniques

of depression||||||I chose to use because I did not want to make the effort to build a fulfilling lifestyle

I wanted confidence||||I to use rather than learning lasting confidence strategies

Other people have their vices so its only fair I have mine||||I chose to use rather than making the effort to find constructive and healthy enjoyment in life
What you have come up with is a list of Beast Lies followed not by refutations, but more AV that IT would love to have you and others around you continue to believe. The post is all AV.

I used to try to get other people to think this way about my behavior before I quit booze and drugs for good. And after I quit (before RR came along) and entered a recovery program, I kept hearing this sort of disjointed logic, but I didn't let it affect my commitment to abstain.

Then, when I learned about RR and saw AVRT being developed and refined, I knew I was right all along in not believing the weird excuse logic for using mind altering substances. There was just one reason. I knew it then, I know it now, and I actually knew it way back when I was trying to pull the wool over other peoples eyes about why I drank and toked so, so much.

If you go to p. 151 and 152 in RR:TNC, you can see how to deal with Beast Lies quickly and completely.

Also, if you review my post 182 and 184 of this thread you will see why, in utilizing AVRT, there is really only one reason you chose to use which any possible excuse attempts to cover up.

Also, first, two questions for anyone, and third, a question for anyone who's made a Big Plan.

1. What is the AVRT way to quickly recognize and dispose of a Beast Lie?

2. What is the one clear and logical reason that dependent users drink or drug?

3. What good feelings did YOU have when you were making your Big Plan. Did YOU (not IT) feel the sense of hope about your future now that you no longer have the ability to choose to use? How does it feel to know that you have permanently taken away from yourself not only the possibility of feeling high from drugs again, but you've also taken away your ability to even choose to get high ever again?