View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 06:32 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
KDL

CactusJill- I completely understand the reason for your original post. I posted something very similar a bit ago.

I am attending meetings, and have begun to meet some people more similar in life situations to me. It's nice to be able to relate to people like that. I GET that we all are alcoholics, and we need each other for support and to learn from experiences. At the same time, it's nice to have others to discuss other issues in our lives that we must face more specific to our circumstance.

I find I have better luck at noon meetings, and women's meetings. In my experience women open up more in those meetings. I have seen women share professions and experiences in a women's meeting, but those very same women say nothing in larger mixed forum meetings. Myself included.

I also suspect that professionals with a certain level of means my access help privately through therapy or outpatient services. I do that to. (I need ALL of the support I can get.) In the private groups, I met almost exclusively professionals, or people with long term marriages and employment.

Best of luck to you. All we can do is be open, and keep learning!